Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Holly B.

Who wants a piece right now?

I do!
A little prep with a hand from the outstandingly capable Miss Wingate.

I'm SO excited to have my blog finally up and running! First up comes the cake that started it all off. My very courageous best friend had seen me making millions of cupcakes for months and months and she knew how bad I wanted to try my hand at a wedding cake. Lucky for me she was willing to risk her bridal sanity on me so that I could have my first chance. This towering four layer monster was a Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese frosting. If you've never had Red Velvet cake before you should find someone who makes a good one from scratch and try it out, it's really hard to describe other than just saying it's incredibly delicious so you'll just have to have some for yourself to understand. I loved the idea that she had for adding fresh fruit along with some flowers matching her bouquet, it made the whole cake look lovely and fresh. Despite all the cake nightmares that I had been having for weeks beforehand the cake came out great. The reception was beautiful and everyone there had a fantastically fun night, and the cake turned out to be so delicious that some of the guests had to be cut off. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes and thank you soooo much for sharing your recipe! Red velvet is our families favorite birthday cake!!!You Rock! LOL! Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic. I love the red velvet/fresh fruit combination!

    ReplyDelete