Monday, November 8, 2010

The Danny


                            Please click on me, I'm even cuter when I'm big.
Ps... This photo isn't even posed, my photographer is just that good at getting candid shots.


Well HELLO little cupcakes!! I've been wanting to post you on the blog for ever and ever. Sadly, the occasion doesn't come around that often for me to do an order of cupcakes, as the crowd around here are more of the 3 tier wedding cake type crowd. I got a chance to make these little guys for a  baby boy shower and was given the idea for a few different colors and started working on designs from there. I decided that I loved the idea of the phrase "cute as a button" for a baby shower and started playing with ideas for getting the little buttons incorporated. I mixed some fondant to match the frosting colors and then made each one of these little lovelies by hand. Trust me, that's a lot of buttons but I think they were worth it. There needed to be a good assortment of different flavors and so I made a few white, some yummy deep dark chocolate, red velvet w/ cream cheese frosting, lemon raspberry and probably my favorite..... white w/truffle filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment