Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Aubrey




Tim and Aubrey rock. Literally. Tim is a drummer and Aubrey more often than not is seen wearing a sweet pair of chucks and I'm almost positive that their make it or break it dating conversation went something like this..."How many kids do you want? Where do you want to settle down? Do you snore? What are your 5 favorite bands?" They're super awesome and fun to be around. They're also extremely laid back which is a huge load off when you're making a wedding cake. The only guideline that they gave me was CHOCOLATE, lots and lots of it please. That got me thinking, how I can stuff the most possible chocolate into a 3 tier wedding cake. Friends, this cake is the answer to that question. This is a buttermilk chocolate cake (dense, moist, you get the idea) with a double fudge chocolate frosting (denser, sweeter, moister, this is getting really good now). Then I thought..... why not cover the chocolate with chocolate. So I did, cause I don't mess around; especially when it comes to making the cake of a couple that rocks this hard.

Aubrey told me that her colors were teal like you see in the ribbon, and a goldish champagney (both newly invented adjectives). I really loved both of those colors and the teal wasn't difficult to get incorporated into the cake design but how to get the goldish champagney color? I found some beautiful edible gold dust to dust chocolate tiles with and I think that when it all came together it made a combination that has become my favorite cake to date.

2 comments: