Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Staci


Is there anything greater than when two of your friends get married and start working on the happily ever after thing? Well.... I'm not gonna lie, it's better to get married yourself and live happily ever after but seeing your friends do it is a close second. The first time I met the groom he was wearing a gladiator outfit and rescued me from having to walk home because I locked my keys in my car. Literally a knight in shining armor, not my knight but still, the man was obviously meant to get married, saving damsels in distress and all. The first time I met the bride was much less dramatic. I think I was cleaning out my food cupboard in the house I shared with my favorite Vegas girls. We became roommates soon after that and in a house with five girls there was no lack of drama. I was so excited to be able to come back down to Vegas and make this cake for them, it was a great opportunity to be with so many great old friends. The reception was the perfect party and everywhere you looked people could be seen having a rockin time.  They had a yummy lemon raspberry cake with classic white buttercream (quickly becoming a favorite among the Vegas crowd it seems) and a bottom layer of plain white cake for the guests that wanted something a little less on the jazzed up side. The shades of blue and green they decorated with reflected the kind of couple they are, cute and bright and fun. They were even gracious enough to let me take a picture with them so that I could make an appearance on the blog, it's just not something I could pass up. Love these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment