Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Kayla - 2.0





I've never before been to a wedding where there was a whole roasted pig, let alone had one of my cakes on the same menu as a whole roasted pig. That all changed this year friends. The beautiful bride that had me do her cake is Filipino and her reception was beautiful and fun with little bits of Filipino tradition here and there, thus a giant roasted pig complete with the apple. Super fun, but maybe a little too graphic for the cake blog :) This fun couple had a spring appropriate lemon raspberry swirl cake. It was 3 layers, with buttercream of course. The design for this cake was based on The Kayla with a couple little upgrades. I love using fresh flowers like these on a cake, for me that makes all the difference in the presentation. I found some pretty hot pink tipped roses and some cream and lime hydrangeas courtesy of my resident flower guy Jon. They ended up matching the wedding colors perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment