Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Cecilia




Oh how I love a decisive bride, a bride that knows just what she wants. On the other hand I also love brides that don't really know what they want too because we get to do sketches and look at different ideas. Aw forget it - I guess I just love brides, because mostly I'm just a big sucker for weddings. Anyway, this bride was super with it and came to me with an idea for exactly what she wanted. It was elegant and lovely and I was excited to get to do something a little different from what I've done before. One thing that she was very focused on was having a cake without fondant because she wanted something that would be delicious (my kind of girl) but also wanted it to be very smooth with some shimmer. I was able to make the cake for her without using any fondant at all - that's right friends, that's all buttercream you see before you - and found some gorgeous luster dust to add in to give it that extra shine. She had a lemon raspberry swirl top with a rich chocolate middle and a marble base because she wanted to mix it up and have a little something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment