Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Zoe

I'm lucky. Why? Because I have cool friends that support me in what I do. Take Van and Jill for example. I've known Van for quite awhile and he was kind enough to do my wedding photos for me when I got married. He's a great photographer ps... and if you're at all interested in cool pictures I would highly recommend checking him out you might even catch a glimpse or two of me in there. Anyway, aside from doing pictures he's a graphic designer so he did some pretty cool invitations for his wedding that I was able to get a little inspiration from. Here comes the lucky part. When I asked Van what he wanted me to do with his cake he just said.... "whatever you want, be creative." MUSIC to a decorators ears. Finally! So I spent a few hours at my boring desk job scribbling and doodling and designing until I finally got something and I went to work baking and icing and at last I was ready to start the designing.

So I added a couple of daisies here and there.......

and some curly twirls.....





And I came up with this fun little cake

Then because I was so charmed by the little daisies that I had leftover and I sure couldn't just throw them away I made a cupcake or two....

Just for good measure.......

Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Love your work! :) Everything is so beautiful. Wish I had heard about your business sooner!

    ReplyDelete